Hello everyone”, here are some latest pictures of Volta , we are still so sad about his very short tail and it seems to be quite eye catching and the first thing we all see when we look at Volta, but we hope you can all look passed the tail and enjoy the overall look of perfection!.Wes is feeling a lot better and will be able to ride Volta for the next post. Below are some pictures and video clips of Volta free-jumping.Volta is looking amazing and it is definitely due to his structured feeding regime constructed by Luisa Wood from Ker.( Kentucky Equine Research ) If you would like to know what feeds and amounts your horse should be getting to go exactly with the type of work they get then make contact with Luisa on http://www.ker.com/staff/lwood/
or feel free to read all about what Ker can offer you!
Bararstoc provide Volta with Formulating high quality, tailored nutritional solutions, Barastoc have range of products to meet your animal’s individual needs throughout all stages. Barastoc. Whatever the horse, we can feed it.http://www.barastochorse.com.au/
Voltas growth spurts have slowed down but his development has excelled quickly due to Barastoc Competitor which provides all the daily requirements needed for him to grow at his best , it is given daily along with a small amount of Groom for strong healthy growing hooves, mane and tail and 500g of Ker Equi-Jewel .
Barastoc Competitor: When your horse is competing, their nutritional needs are higher. Barastoc Competitor uses a wide range of fast and slow release energy sources, including fat and super fibres beet pulp and soy hulls. Formulated for all classes of performance horses, Barastoc Competitor will keep your horse fuelled for any situation. Volta receives 2kg per day.
No soaking. Feed straight from the bag!
Contains beet pulp for slow release energy
Easy to feed, oats free pellet
Vegetable oils promote healthy skin and coat condition
Added yeast culture and Lysoforte for a healthy digestive system and improved utilisation of roughage
Organic chromium to help maintain exercise tolerance
For a muesli alternative consider Barastoc Cool Command, for a lower energy pellet consider Barastoc Calm Performer
A supplement for a shiny coat and a healthy horse
Elbow grease and rugging can only go so far in producing that ‘showroom’ shine. For best results you need to start on the inside – with a good feed. Volta receives 80g per day.
Barastoc Groom is the way to do it. This grooming mix has been carefully formulated as both a coat enhancer and conditioning concentrate. It contains a blend of high quality protein meals, live yeast culture, vitamins, minerals and oils -all of which are designed to improve the overall health, appearance and well-being of all types of horses.
Mixed daily with grain and chaff, Barastoc Groom helps to bring out the dapples and “bloom” in a horse’s coat. Your horse’s coat will become a window to its inner health, and the benefits of Barastoc Groom will soon shine through.
• High quality ingredients.
• Contains protein, minerals and vitamins.
• Contains yeast culture.
• Balances grains/chaff rations for top performance.
• Highly palatable.
• Brings out a “bloom” and dapples in the coat.
BENEFITS OF EQUI-JEWEL
- High energy, without the ‘fizz’ associated with high grain diets
- Highly digestible and palatable
- Low in starch – ideal for horses intolerant to grain, those prone to tying up, and those with behavioural issues
- The low feeding rate and high digestibility provides for an economical calorie supplement
- The benefit of rice bran for conditioning and muscle building
- Stabilised and extruded to lock in the fat content, increase shelf life and prevent oxidation
- Contains essential fatty acids for healthy skin and a naturally shiny coat
- Contains added calcium to balance the high phosphorus levels found naturally in rice bran and other commonly fed brans or pollards
- Supplies the powerful anti-oxidants natural vitamin E and organic selenium
- Supported by extensive research with proven advantages over other fat sources
- To supplement the diets of horses requiring additional calories to maintain performance and condition
- To increase body condition, muscle, topline and coat condition in show, sale and performance horses
- As a safe alternative energy source for horses requiring a low-carbohydrate diet such as those prone to tying-up or laminitis
- A ‘cool’ source of calories for horses that heat up on grain
- A source of natural vitamin E and organic selenium to assist with muscle recovery in performance horses and healthy immune function
- For horses at risk of gastric ulceration or colic
- A slow release energy source for horses competing over long distances or endurance competitions
- As an energy source without the risks often associated with feeding grain
Race horses, Performance horses, Show horses and sale preparation, Breeding horses, Especially good for poor doers and picky eaters, Horses prone to tying-up, Horses that get excited or fizzy on grain, Horses needing rapid weight gain.
Stabilised rice bran, calcium carbonate, vitamin E, selenium
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Feed 0.5 – 1kg per day to 500kg horses. Up to 2kg per day can be fed to 500-kg horses. Replace 1 cup of oil with 0.5kg EQUI-JEWEL. Mix well with feed. Introduce EQUI-JEWEL gradually over several days, starting with a handful. EQUI-JEWEL is high-energy complementary feed, which should be added to the horse’s daily ration when additional calories are desired
Team Joyce and Oaks Volta wish to Thank Barastoc and Ker for your continued sponsorship.
Thanks must also go to Oaks Volta’s Sponsors below!Everything you need in the one stop shop! Equestrian Factory Outlet for all the latest Equestrian fashion